Add Peanut Butter to the things you should be making yourself at home. You can buy raw peanuts and roast them yourself, or you can purchase peanuts already roasted from a trusted source and skip the roasting, shelling, and de-skinning (this is what I do). Making peanut butter is as easy as it gets, takes less than 5 minutes, and the kiddos love helping, here’s how.
You will need some peanuts, peanut oil (make sure these are not genetically modified; mutant peanuts=mutant people), and a food processor or pretty sought blender.
- Place about a pound of peanuts in a food processor or blender, and start chopping them up.
- When the peanuts are pretty much into a really chunky thick paste drizzle about 1 1/2 tbsp of peanut oil into the machine while it is still running. I don’t measure any of these things I throw some peanuts in and slowly pour oil in until I get what I want, not rocket science.
- Add more or less oil to get the consistency you like.
- Add raw honey if you like, about 1 1/2 tsp.
- Put in an air tight container and refrigerate.
Remember food is only good for you if you can eat it!